Sunday, February 05, 2006

MTV

My brother and cousin tuned into MTV this afternoon so I watched a little bit of it. I could not relate to what was on. How to relate to a show which show a group of people kicking someone who was on the floor? How to relate to a guy looking for a suitcase big enough to fit him and then his friend throws him down a flight of stairs? A good joke is a half naked fat guy eating cheeseburger in Tianeman Square?

Out of curiosity, I tuned into MTV again this evening. "Room Raiders" was on. The show is rather interesting. Three guys are "kidnapped" by the Room Raiders team. A girl goes to each of their room to check the rooms out and she chooses who she wants to date based on his room. Interesting but I can't help thinking it's evasion privacy too.

Watching what was on actually made me afraid, very afraid. In 5 years time, Laura will be a pre-teen. She will be interested in MTV and Channel V. What sort of influence are these channels going to give her? Even the Disney channel makes me uncomfortable and I'm far from a prude. Lizzie McGuire and Raven are such ditzy characters. Ditzy and bubbleheadedness is in? Whatever happened to intelligent programming?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lighten up lah...lol...uninstall mtv lor...if u're so scared.. haha

12:35 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

lolly, you mean I have nothing to be concerned about? I certainly hope so. Just that the programming seems rather senseless to me.

1:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to worry, min. You're around to guide the kids. Once the foundation is strong, nothing can shake them!! We can't be there all the time, they will have to face the world by themselves.

2:29 am  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Well said, Kat. Thanks for reminding me that. As parents, we can only provide our kids with the proper guidance and leave them to make their own mistakes ya?

4:57 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home