Friday, November 10, 2006

Good service

Good service is fast becoming an oxymoron in Malaysia. Sales assistants in malls are always ready to tell one "No stock" because they're too lazy to check. Or worse, can't understand what you're trying to tell them. Vendors are not required to give you quality service or product for premium prices.

I took these photos a few months ago when I had to park my car at an outdoor parking space in the city. RM3.00 per entry is a good deal in the city so I drove in.



I had to go through this to get a parking space. Unpaved, uneven roads. Fortunately, it hadn't rained that day. Even then, I reminded myself that it was RM3.00 per entry. It is RM4.00 per entry at the car park near Pudu market!





Then the final insult when I went to pay the parking:



On the other side of the board, the rates were "clearly stated" (according to the cashier). Sorry, my "old" camera can't pick up the details. The rates was something like RM5.00 per entry if you park before 6am. 7am - 9 am was RM6.00, 9am - 11.00am was RM5.00, etc, etc. RM3.00 was only if you parked from 7pm onwards. Nope, that wasn't what I saw when I was going to drive in!

The last time I passed that place, the A4 size sheet of paper has now been pasted on the other side of the board too. Perhaps Superman will be able to tell me the parking rates before I turn in next time. Oh, no more next time!

7 Comments:

Blogger me said...

i know. i always kena the 'no stock' thing. they didn't even bother to check, which makes me wonder how they can remember the stock of all sizes and all models. sheesh! if we were to hire these type of employees, can close down very fast.

8:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyo..I wud hv raised a ruckus abt the parking charges!! But..then again, I'm sure the parking attendent will give me a blurred/r-u-so-dumb look.

10:24 am  
Blogger KY said...

er. sue him? lol

6:27 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

me, it's the dumb/blur look that irritates me the most!

mott, I wanted to. Then I saw the dumb/blur look on the face of the cashier.

ky, sue? The prices was displayed ma. Just not on the side where I was driving in.

7:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowww min, i went to yr mama min cake shop website. really impressive ! do you do delivery to Shah Alam ?

8:32 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

ninuk, delivery can be arranged. I'll email you ok? Don't have your number.

12:26 am  
Blogger myba7p said...

Thats the carpark along Jln Yap Kwan Seng.
Where i park day in day out, the place really sucks though youre paying them so much, they cant even decently pave the area!
Yeah, and the rates are really silly.. oh well, here in Bolehland nothing ever comes cheap do they? (except lousy service)

11:41 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home