Sunday, April 08, 2007

Unbelievable!

I was almost killed today - 5 fucking times! It has been most unbelieveable how many near misses I've had today. Most of the time when with my children in the car. Fortunately, I'm not someone who speeds. If I was, I wouldn't be here writing this post.

Early this morning, on the MRRII, without very much warning, the fast lane was blocked off for roadworks. I was in the fast lane, within the speed limit when suddenly I had to slow drastically down to cut into the middle lane. The fast lane was lined with cones and less 500m away, the fast lane was closed. Fucking hell!

Then when I was driving along Jalan Kuching, a small lorry swerved suddenly towards my car because a Metro bus had broken down and was parked across one lane. The lorry was inches away from my car! If I was someone who panicked easily, I would have swerved into the fast lane. Jalan Kuching was busy as usual, so imagine the carnage that would have caused.

Yes, I was driving a lot today, having to send the kids to gym and then took the kids out for a movie. On the MRRII towards Batu Caves, a blasted police car decides to slow down to almost a halt suddenly. I saw the car behind the police car jam his brakes and moved towards my lane so he will avoid hitting the police car. I had to jam my brakes too. Again, because I am a conscentious driver who has never believed in following cars in front closely, did not hit any car. And no car hit my back. I was hopping mad! How can a police car do something like that? It wasn't because the police wanted to stop someone. Didn't even use the indicator!

Then after the movie, I was driving home. I indicated a long way off 'coz I had exited from Jalan Damansara to join Jalan Tun Razak. I checked my rear view mirror and it was all clear. Just as I was going to join Jalan Tun Razak, a fucking driver in his 3-series BMW cuts in front of my on my right to turn left! TNMCH!! If he had crashed into my car then and killed all of us, I would have made sure I came back as a ghost to haunt the driver and his/her family.

And since I had to go out again in the evening, I was extra careful seeing that everyone seems to be driving like idiots dreaming they are F1 drivers or something. On MRRII near Bandar Sri Damansara, a satooopid cow who left her brain at home realised she had gone the wrong way, so she swerved in front of me from my right to change lane to go left. She had just missed hitting the sticks put up to prevent idiots like her from killing herself doing satooopid stunts like that.

AAAAARGGH!!

We have censors who have our best interest at heart by censoring love scenes, kissing scenes and women in skimpy clothes. Just in case watching all that will make us turn into promiscious sex maniacs. Well, thank you for being so considerate. So, does watching F1 races on TV and placing so much emphasis on the Grand Prix in Sepang make every driver a race car driver wannabe? Is that the reason behind the number of times I've almost been run over today, since it's the F1 weekend?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually got ANGRY while reading about your near misses - totally understand what you went thru. Not to be unpatriotic/self-righteous/plain bitchy, Malaysians in general truly ARE TERRIBLE DRIVERS.

snappergrl.livejournal.com

7:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a horrible day for u!

11:04 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

snappergrl, I don't think it's fair to generalize and say Malaysians are terrible drivers. What happened to me yesterday were good examples:

1. People who carry out roadworks are not aware of the danger of not putting up enough warnings to motorists. And the risk the workers are put through.

2. I'm not even sure now if the police are trained in proper rules!

3. Road signs are so misleading sometimes that the signs are right where the turning is, so motorists are not given ample warning to be in the right lane.

4. Buses are so badly maintained that they break down quite often on the road.

Am I rambling? Maybe. But, so many factors influence our road conditions. Just a tough day which I was glad I got through without getting myself hurt or killed.

a&a's mom, quite on the contrary. I had a fabulous day with my children, spoilt only by inconsiderate drivers and lousy road works.

11:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must have been a terrible day for you. Thank God you are ok. :)

4:19 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're alive. It makes me a bit angry though coz' that's probably how Lavender lost her precious DH. Like you say, just dumb, no brainer things people do.

2:26 am  
Blogger erinalaw said...

Phew!!! You are safe......

I tried and found you already. So, you got double a in the name lauraadam.blogspot.com :-) Will visit you more often

2:59 pm  
Anonymous Smoked Recipes said...

Loved reading this tthank you

11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home