Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Feeling sleepy and disappointed...

Strange feeling that I'm going through now - sleepy and disappointed. I should be in bed now and I will be shortly. An Afdlin Shauki movie which I've been looking forward to seeing will be opening on 22 December. Tomorrow will be the press preview and the actors have been invited. I was supposed to tag along with Patrick. Both our kids have taken turns being a little under the weather although Adam didn't have a fever when he went to bed tonight. Anyway, being a guilt-ridden mother who feels she should be spending more time with her kids, a suggestion has been made that perhaps I shouldn't go to the press preview of the movie tomorrow. This is a movie I have been looking forward to watching since I saw the 1st cut last year. I had the privilege of watching "Baik Punya Cilok" in the raw, without proper sound and I was howling with laughter. If I do not go see the preview tomorrow, I may not have the time to catch it later as I will not be in town when the movie opens. So strange that I should be feeling so disappointed over a movie.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you are feeling disappointed because you had been looking forward to some me-time? Have you been working a lot of lately? Sometimes we spend so much time taking care of others (family or work), we tend to neglect our needs.

The other day, I spent 10 minutes painting my toenails in the privacy and solitude of my bedroom while the kids were downstairs (what to do, no time to go for professional pedicure!). It was the most refreshing 10 minutes I have ever had because for once I could do something that was so totally unnecessary and gratuitous, something that was just for me and me alone. Kinda like how you felt when you were on holiday in Bangkok...a very tiny fraction of how you felt, how can a 10 minute paint job compare to a 3-day holiday, ehh??!

5:47 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hiya Min,
If you are feeling so disappointed over it I say go for it. Afterall, a disappointed mom is not much fun to be with right?

7:51 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

I saw the movie! Dropped the kids off at MegaKidz and went to the press preview with PT. It is a fabulous movie! A must see! "Baik Punya Cilok" opens 22 December. Do not miss it!

11:43 pm  
Blogger adriene said...

glad u saw the movie and had a great time!

2:37 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home