Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006...

2006 has been an interesting year for me. On this last day of 2006, whilst busy preparing for a party at home with close friends and family, I'm feeling out of sorts and a little out of control. PMS doesn't help either. Very timely too as it gives me a time to reflect on 2006, my family and about myself. 2006 has overall been fabulous for me. I'm now able to exercise my creative self through cake making. I have two beautiful children and a husband who loves me. Yet, something seems to be lacking. What? I've been asking myself the past few weeks. I am angry about something. Feeling out of sorts about something. But what? Am I getting "all whined out"? Children whining 'coz they're bored. "Mama, ChiChi doesn't want to share with me!" "Mama, I got it first!" Well, kids, deal with it yourself! People around me whining about the state of the country and pointing out what should have happened or should be done. I'm whining to myself 'coz I've had to deal with bills, arranging for this and that, grocery shopping, etc? I'm tired of being the "bad guy" who says "Enough sweets", "Time for bed", "Eat more vegetable". Yes, I think I'm all whined out.

So, in 2007, I'm going to get "whiners" to stop telling me the problems but give me solutions instead. Show me more stuff that are going well and not always point out the negative. What can we do together? Inundate MPAJ with calls and letters to get them to do something about dying trees which are threatening to fall on a car? Highlight to the press? What? Give me solutions! If no solution, let's work something out together.

In 2007, I will like more "me" time alone at home. So I can enjoy my own home in peace and quiet. I love my children and really do appreciate having a helper at home but to bump into someone ALL the time *sigh*

I am looking forward to 2007 as I know it is going to be a year full of success and good tidings. It is going to be a fantabulous year for my family and me. Just less whining please, even from myself!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy 2007 mama min!

7:04 pm  
Blogger me said...

i like you positive attitude. i've been reading about a lot of whining in the blogosphere and not 1 lknows what they want or what they should do. you go, girl!

perhaps a part time helper who leaves can help you a little? someone who does the gritty bits like moping and ironing whilst you keep an eye and plays with the kids? whatever you choose, i believe you are the type to do something about a situation that is not to your expectation, rather than sit on your bottom and continue whining. so, whatever works for you, dear, as long as it works. happy new year.

10:55 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home