Tuesday, February 26, 2008


I was chatting with my childhood friend earlier, reminiscing about the songs and fashion in the 1980's. What remember from the 80's were the shoulder pads, Doc Marten shoes, carrot cut pants, big curly hair, pom poms on the back of the socks, oversized shirts and eyebrows ala Anita Mui!

There must be so many women who regret getting their eyebrows tattooed to look like Anita Mui in the 1980's!

The photo right on top was taken in KDU in 1987 with my classmates. Tina (standing on my right) and I are still in touch. She's also a childhood friend of mine. Sorry, Nyah, I don't have a photo with your eyes open lol

I had to dress up on a budget. No such thing as buying an outfit for a party lah. Took a blue dress I liked and accessorize! Some netting material, fake pearl necklace and brooch to attach to the dress. Matching fake pearl necklace and brooch for choker. Lots of eye make up, teased my hair with gel and viola!

Oh dear... I hear 80's fashion is coming back! Gasp! Horror!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Banshee Creative said...

I remember the hair!!! omg omg maggggi meeeeeeeeeee :D

ahh them were the days..

3:07 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

I'm still trying to get over how the 80's is referred to as Retro now lol lol

3:15 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home