Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's fabulous being 38!


On Saturday, as soon as I got up, Laura gave this to me. She had drawn me a picture to wish me Happy Birthday. Notice that Mama is the only one she has coloured. *whisper* That's because I'm her favouritest person in the whole wide world. See also how Papa wears a crown. I do not know why there is a number for each of us. The sleeping one is our helper.

That afternoon, a few of my friends came over with their children to spend a day by the pool. It was cloudy the whole morning, so I was thinking of activities to keep the children occupied if it should rain. Blow bubbles just outside my condo unit was one option, face painting was another option. I was ready to cook up a batch of hand paints! My friend called on her way over asking if we were still going swimming as it was drizzling. It wasn't drizzling where we were but definitely a grey day. Amazingly, as soon as we said, "OK, let's go to the pool now", the sun broke through the clouds, the clouds floated away and we had a sunny day which was perfect for swimming!



My friend, Lia, and her 3-year-old twin sons baked and decorated this cake for me. It was soooooo rich! YUMM!! Thank you, Lia, Jamie and Josh!



PT was going to take me out for a romantic dinner on Saturday night. We were going to an amazing place which was recommended by his friend but we would swing by to Champ's in Bandar Utama to pick up a bottle of champagne for dinner. PT waited in the car while I went up to get the bottle of champagne. The lift doors opened and I saw our friend, Kurt, who said he was going to the Hard Rock Cafe for drinks. Hmmm... Something was up. Then I turned towards the restaurant in time to see another friend, Andy, duck back into the restaurant. Inside Champ's, at the far end of the restaurant is a raised dining area. I walked in and saw the area decorated beautifully with streamers. I walked through the streamers and saw a group of surprised diners who stared at me, who then shouted "SURPRISE!!!"



Lots of good food, good company and drinks!
Thank you, PT, for organising the party for me. I love you!
Thank you Pauline and your little "elves" who put up the fabulous decorations! PT forgot to take a picture of the "private room".
Thank you, Andy, for keeping me in suspense and erasing all doubts about a surprise party. Kurt, you lie very badly but you and Andy know what a girl wants!
Thank you, Don, for drawing the wonderful picture. I can't believe the likeness!
Thank you, Lia and your little helpers, for baking the wonderfully sinful chocolate birthday cake.
Thank you, all my friends who turned up for the party and for the wonderful gifts I received.
Thank you, Lilian, for making the beautiful cake that was the talk of the party. If you want to take a look at the cake, scroll down

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Stop here if you are someone who gets embarrassed easily....
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Don't say I didn't warn you!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to u. It's such a wonderful birthday celebration with burden of love from your 2 lovely kids, yr friends and husband. People who read this site must be envying u for all the suprises you have.

Just to tell you the cake and the birthday card from your ger is really nice and funny.

9:31 am  
Blogger Inner-Me said...

YOOHOO! I love the cake.. I wan one too... Glad you have a good surprise... and lots of love everyday of your life.. Isn't it cool to be 38?

9:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Refer to my previous comment. I would like to say bundles of love and not burden of love :p So sorry about it - Min.

Happy Belated 38th Birthday. It's really nice to have people to remember your birthday.I do wish that on my 38th birthday, i'll have such surprise too.

12:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I contact Lilian to order a cake like that 4 DH's bday?

10:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I contact Lilian to order a cake like that 4 DH's bday?

10:37 pm  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

"The sleeping one is our helper." - Muahahahahaha. Love the cake and Happy 38!

5:47 pm  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Wow...you had a great one!

5:57 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Took 2 days to recover! :))

Thank you all for the good wishes. Just ping me if you want Lilian's contact for fun cakes! I was told she was featured in The Sun today. Have not seen the article myself.

12:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated bday again, min! ^_^ sounded like so much fun! my gfs and i bought a cake frm Lillian for my girlfriend's wedding last year! the fairy one. it was awesome!

6:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home