Sunday, March 02, 2008

Eyesight

As I am approaching my 40th birthday, strange things are happening to my eyes. If I choose not to wear my contact lens, I spend a big chunk of my day looking for my glasses.

"Now let me recall. The last time I wore my glasses was when I was watching TV. But my glasses aren't near the TV! I went into my room just now. Not there. Ok, I used the pc a short while ago. Nope, not there either. Wait a minute, I was referring to a cake book earlier. A-ha! My glasses at the bookshelf."

You see, I can see quite well with my glasses for distance but once I reach for a book with my glasses still on, it's a different story. My eyes strain to focus. The words become blur and if I pull the book closer, the words become more blurred. Take off my glasses and yes, I can read ok or thread a needle or fix a small part that has broken off a toy. I don't understand why some manufacturers have become so inconsiderate as to print their labels so small. To save cost so no need big packaging, is it?

Is there a change in the brightness and voltage indication? I swear some lights aren't quite as bright as they used to be. Why is it I can't see small words in some light when I used to be able to read by candle light?

Ok, I shall stop being in denial. I will need to get brighter bulbs and longer arms so I can read properly.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the sign of the big 4 0 approaching! I 'll be in the same boat by next yr!

4:46 pm  
Blogger anne rafei said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:35 pm  
Blogger anne rafei said...

contact lense perhaps? the colour one will make u more "teenage", i reckon..

4:37 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home