Monday, February 16, 2009

Standing egg

Several times in a year, one can stand an egg up vertically and it'll stay put. My friend, James, sent me an sms on 10 Feb to let me know that day was one of those days. When I was a kid, my mother used to tell us that could be done. However, she'll read about that in the newspaper, forgot about it and then remember again when the time has passed.

On 10 Feb, I was out and about when James sent the sms and made a mental note to try when I got back. I forgot until James sent a photo by MMS. So I tried and viola!


That was precisely at 3.00pm. The next egg I tried didn't stand anymore. Laura and I tried and tried with different eggs. Nope, couldn't stand up those eggs. Guess 3pm was the cut off time!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Never heard of this before but interesting. BTW, thought it's time for you to do a fun tag:
http://mamasbagoftricks.blogspot.com/2009/02/9-questions-tag.html

5:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really ah? I heard that Feb 4 or 5 was also one of those days. When is the next one?? I also want to try!! :D

4:43 am  
Blogger Min Chan said...

I have no idea when, kat. May be mentioned in the Chinese newspapers. Maybe that's why my mother used to know when too. Conicides with some dates in the Chinese calendar or something...

2:56 am  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Ai Lian, I've done the tag :)

2:57 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home