Friday, January 19, 2007

Becoming a skeptic

I needed to get some contact lens solution today. I picked up an economy pack of a known brand which cost RM34+ for 480ml. Then I saw another pack of 320ml packed together with a 180ml pack of an unknown brand selling for RM15+. Both have the same claims - all-purpose, no rub formula and prevents protein build-up. But why is one double the price of the other? Then I find myself doing what an average Malaysian will do. Check where the products were manufactured. The RM34+ one was made in Guangzhou for a popular brand. The cheaper one is an unknown brand, made in Malaysia. My first thought was to go with the known brand, which I've used before. The housewife in me says to get the cheaper pack. The skeptic in me says to go for the tried and tested imported one.

After pondering for some time, I picked the Malaysian-made one. Deep inside me, I want to believe that Malaysian companies and Malaysians do make quality products. We have to stop thinking that imported products are better than locally made products. And Malaysians have to prove that by making quality products. I'm looking forward to using my contact lens solution!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger GiRLWhoLaughsAtFunerals said...

Did u make those cakes?Looks good

1:49 pm  
Blogger Sasha Tan said...

dun wanna go for laser eye surgery like HL meh?

2:50 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Interesting nick, girlwholaughsatfunerals :D Yes, I made the cakes. My cake blog is http://mamamin.wordpress.com

Sasha, I thought of it and thought of it. Trouble is, my eyes are going through changes at my tender age :D The past few years, my shortsightedness has been going down but I now have problems reading when I have my glasses on. Clearer to read without glasses. So, I may just wait until my eyesight settle before I contemplate laser eye surgery. At least no need to wear multi-focal lor hor...

12:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know an eye Doctor from London, whaddya call them? Opthalmologists? She said no to laser surgery. So I've given up on that idea.

12:58 am  
Blogger Min Chan said...

I think I'll put that idea on hold indefinitely. Works just as well with contact lens lah... Or go and get myself a radical pair of glasses. Instead of hiding my eyes behind rimless ones.

7:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home