Saturday, March 29, 2008

Worst pedicure ever!

To celebrate my loss of 12kg and Jazzmama's crossing her first hurdle towards being a road fiend, we decided to give ourselves a pamper session. I was in Jazzmama's neighbourhood so we went to a manicure place nearby. The place looked promising from the outside. Well, they used OPI products. Fab nail polish!

We walked in and the place was empty. Alarms in our head should have gone off but I figured it's a working day and it's still early afternoon. We were ushered to the pedicure station to get our feet soaked. Massage chair! Ooh.... Err, nobody showed us how to operate the chairs wor. For show only issit?

Soaked our feet and then the manicurists proceed to work on our feet. Next thing I know, my toenails were being painted. Hey, that was quick. Still a lot of dry skin on my feet leh. Jazzmama wanted to get a manicure done too so I sat with her for a while. As my toenails were drying, I could see that my heels still looked bad. I told the manicurist who very kindly said she'll work on my feet somemore but only after she's done with Jazzmama. I figured I need about 1.5 hours to get from Puchong back to KL to pick my daughter up from school, so ok I'll wait. When the manicurist worked on my feet again, I noticed she didn't really know what to do and boy does she have beautiful nails.

My feet are the same as they were when I left this morning. Yes, my toes are prettier and cleaner but my feet still have loads of dry skin. I am so disappointed. What I've learned? Do not go to a salon where the manicurists have perfect looking nails. They don't spend enough time working on nails! Where is this place? N Nails in Puchong (the shops opposite Giant supermarket). DON'T GO THERE!!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi !! congrats on ur weight loss. i've been trying to lose weight with no success. how did u do it ? did u go on a special diet or it's just working out at the gym ??

3:51 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Hi Anon, I lost 12kg by changing my lifestyle. I worked with a personal trainer 3 x a week on weights and changed the way I eat. In fact, you can read about my weight loss journey in Shape magazine (Malaysian edition). In the May issue, exercises which I have done and tips will be featured ;-)

7:27 pm  
Blogger Monster Mom said...

Good for you that you've lost so much weight...
Too bad the manicure doesn't go well with u...
I've never been to one...

6:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Min!

Are you referring to May 2007 or 2008 issue? If it is the May 2007 issue, don't think we can get it from the bookstore now. Can you put the article on your blog, please? (if it is the May 2007 issue)

Thanks!

5:09 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Anon, I'm talking about May 2008 issue. Shape Malaysia was launched in June 2007.

7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home