Friday, April 11, 2008

"We Will Rock You" musical

I first read about the Queen musical We Will Rock You soon after Mig Ayesa moved to London with his wife, Simone. Mig and I worked briefly together in a musical several years ago. I was his dresser in Fame: The Musical. Fame was pretty lame but Mig shone in that. The musicians from Fame and Mig jammed at No Black Tie one night. What a night that was! It was very obvious to me that night Mig was destined for bigger and better things. True enough, not long after the Asian Tour of Fame, Mig left for London and then LA. The rest is history...

It is such a treat that Mig who was the original Galileo is going to be in the production in Singapore. I am very tempted to watch We Will Rock You in Singapore. The Queen fan in me is saying "GO!" but the practical me is saying "WTF! Spend so much money on one concert ah??" I don't have much time to make that decision...

Read the review.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger 2-ton said...

OH, I lost my comment, so I will try again! I just wanted to perhaps give a little nudge for you to go to see WWRY and surprise MiG with a visit (assuming you wouldn't actually lose your house over the cost)! You know he would love it and would be falling on the floor surprised to see an old friend! And I would love to see the pictures!

8:32 am  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Hi 2-ton, I wouldn't exactly call myself an old friend of Mig's :D Thanks for the nudge :D

11:45 am  
Blogger 2-ton said...

Your decorating skills are amazing! I tried to make an icing rose once. It was a mess so I just ate it.

11:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it Min! You work hard so you shud play hard too!!

I really loved watching Mig on the INXS reality show. He was my favorite. Love Lynda

2:36 pm  
Blogger =EM= said...

Coolio! ur cupcakes on martha stewart show babes! my thingy wont play the vid (connection must not be fantastic here) but cant wait to watch it when it finally works! emailin u some pole pics soon for the pole cake! =)

12:24 pm  
Blogger Chloe said...

I just watched WWRY on Tuesday and it blew my mind! I laughed, I cheered, I cried.

My mum made be buy tickets for her - and she went to watch it TWICE! That's how awesome it is!

Ben Elton's writing is cuttingly witty and there are so many hilarious references to pop culture and lyrics of Queen's songs. It's soooo good!

You should go!!!

5:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I love reading your blogs.

I'd like to invite you to my very own pixel adsite for Malaysian bloggers.

It's FREE to join and your blog will be on my website forever.

Your blog ads will appear when someone does a google search on my website.

And did i mention that it's FREE?

Go to http://www.iklansesamainsan.com and click on Bloggers on Pixels.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers.

9:17 am  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Chloe and 2-ton, I didn't go see WWRY in the end. Just can't bring myself to spend so much on a musical - transport, ticket, accommodation, food, etc. Yup, the practical me won! :( :(

1:28 am  
Blogger 2-ton said...

Aw, too bad. But you gotta do what you gotta do, lol. I haven't seen it either, I would have to sell my house to get from USA to Singapore or Hong Kong! But at least I have seen MiG sing live, so I can console myself with that!

10:59 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home