Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My favourite jogging path

I love how this place as it's so close to the city and yet is so green. The air is always cool here and it's so quiet here, I can hear myself think. Running here clears my mind.


Not many cars come up this way. I have seen taxis parked here with the drivers taking power naps.



When looking at the distance shots, the place look beautiful and clean. On closer look, you'll see this...



On the day I took these photos, I caught one of the contract cleaners throwing a yellow plastic bag over the edge of the slope. The yellow plastic bags are the ones used by the cleaners to pick up the rubbish along the hill. This particular cleaner spotted a hole in one of the plastic bags, so she threw it over the hill. Now, that baffles me 'coz hasn't she been hired to keep the premises clean? Why did she add onto the rubbish? I tried reasoning with the cleaner but she was just unclear on the concept... Then I saw this!


The cleaners decided to take a break after picking up some rubbish. Looking at the dust pan they've been given to work with, I don't blame them for needing to take breaks! These cleaners have torn open the standard-issue yellow plastic bags to sit on for their break. No price for guessing right where these torn bags go after their break?

Around late mornings, a lady drives up in a Kia MPV. You know she's approaching when the monkeys come out from the hills in droves. She brings their breakfast! This lady goes around to various places to gather left-overs from eateries and bakeries to feed the monkeys. She is very passionate about the monkeys and have named some of the monkeys. She calls out to them and chides them if they grab food from the smaller monkeys. Every time I've gone there during late mornings, she's been there. No, what she's doing doesn't make me fuzzy and warm all over. IT MAKES ME MAD!!!

1. Monkeys DO NOT eat human food. Bread, cupcakes and rice isn't found in the wild. I won't be surprised if there are monkeys who are suffering from heart diseases from this diet!

2. Spoon feeding them will cause future generations to forget how to look for food in the wild. The young ones will not learn how to take care of themselves.

3. STOP leading the monkeys to think they have more than they actually do. Food is easy to come by, so they will eat and breed more. No need to look for food in the forest. SO WRONG!!

4. I love animals and it'll be an ideal world if everyone do not have to go hungry but the monkeys are BLARDY NUISANCE when they are out in droves for food. They throw fruit peels everywhere which is dangerous to people who jog around there!

So many times I've been tempted to tell the woman off. I'm sure there are better ways to ensure the safety and to look after the welfare of monkeys. How long can she go on gathering food and feeding the monkeys like this? What happens when she can't do it anymore? Then what?

10 Comments:

Blogger Reanaclaire said...

great pictures u hv taken... proof that they need.. how can they just leave the plastic bags there after sitting..my goodness...
btw, i m claire..wanna say..yr blog is interesting.. keep it up.. i love it..

11:38 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Thanks, Claire, for reading my rambling hahaha

Ya, I get so angry when people are so ignorant!

1:51 pm  
Blogger coffeesncookies said...

where is this lovely place ? i used to live in tmn tar and i always see ppl feeding the macaques from 'picnic leftovers'. really nuisance.

8:58 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

coffeesncookies, it's near your old neighbourhood :) The hill where KDE is. Beautiful, isn't it?

I'll like to know where the Melawati Hill is. Can't recall the name now... but I hear it's a beautiful place too. Breath-taking view

2:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jogging s good for body n mind...jogging got many faces,beautiful n ugly.

here there s a case a beautiful lady jogger was raped n kill n run n no solution till now. It happened at golf course jogging track in broad daylight.

from the photos ...yr track ..both side s jungle.Just beware if u r a pretty lady, if u r not so pretty its ok

1:55 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

dosway, I don't know what to make of your comment "Just beware if u r a pretty lady, if u r not so pretty its ok"

You mean it's ok for an ugly woman to be raped? Or an ugly woman won't get raped?

Yes, it's good to be careful and not take safety for granted.

1:39 am  
Blogger coffeesncookies said...

There's one secluded area near the mini stream. I avoid quiet hours and jog in the evenings or mornings. My guy friend had his gold necklace snatched while jogging and another molested by a biker. Safety has got nothing to do with looks.
Have you tried the ultima challenge - jogging uphill to the condo ?

12:00 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

I've never dared venture up that hill 'coz it's very secluded and when I'm there it's usually quiet. Past the "rush hour" hahaha Next time when there are lots of people there, maybe I'll venture up.

2:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MIN!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST MIN...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

*muaks muaks*

4:50 pm  
Blogger D'Rimba said...

Salam
bed

11:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home