Thursday, October 20, 2005

Toilet with a difference



I have had these photos in my phone for some time. Finally figured out how to transfer the photos onto my pc! Yes, this is a photo of a toilet. I did take photos of a public toilet at an LRT station in Ampang. There is a reason behind what seems like a ludicrious thing to do. No, not that it was dirty. In fact, it was one of the cleanest public toilet I've ever been in. Let me story...

I was meeting some friends for drinks and since I am a consientious road user, I decided to take public transport. I was desperate to pee, so I dashed to the toilet before catching the train. As soon as I walked into the toilet, I was stumped. How to use the toilet? Just above the toilet seat is a metal structure which didn't look like it can be used to place my bag. It was also waaaaay too low. I was trying to figure out how to use the toilet without knocking myself out. Just then a station employee walked in. I must have had such a look on my face 'coz she felt she had to assure me that it's alright to use the toilet. As I closed the toilet door, I saw a chart explaining how to use the toilet. The metal structure was to prevent users from squatting on the toilet seat. So, I sat down gingerly and found out the metal structure rests on the back of my neck and I had to bend forward a little. Then I took a look to my right and saw this:



Wow, there is always something to learn every day! How to use the hose for washing oneself.

So, don't stay at home to watch TV. There is always something new to learn every day. Yes, even in an LRT station toilet.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn... it showed something about our society when the powers-that-be had to resort to a pictorial guide on how to use a toilet, huh?

Oh well... learn something new everyday...

7:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgot to add... I also found an interesting notice (see my blog 'big brother' or just click on my name above). I really had to look around for the cctv camera before trying on my new baju Raya :-) Not finding one, I figured I was safe enough to undress, unless of course if they were using one of those spy-pin-hole cameras.

7:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so hilarious! I love the 'blue woman' to illustrate how to wash oneself.

In some ways the metal structure is quite ingenius.. as you said, the toilet was clean, so I guess it's working!

Its amazing what Malaysians will invent next to counter problems. Forget about teaching proper toilet etiquette..... just invent a new toilet!

2:31 am  
Blogger Min Chan said...

"Its amazing what Malaysians will invent next to counter problems. Forget about teaching proper toilet etiquette..... just invent a new toilet!"

Shelley, you've put in a nutshell how things are done here in Bolehland.

2:45 pm  
Blogger Khairul Nizar said...

I just discovered it yesterday also in the men's toilet and it's really dumb. A it's must have been measured using a 10 year old height as the darn thing pokes me at the back... DUMB ...

9:15 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home