Monday, February 05, 2007

Growing up

My little girl is growing up fast! Laura has just started Std 1 this year. Where has the little baby gone to? Today, she came back with a puncture on each arm. Enoculation in her school, follow up of BCG and I don't know what's the other one! She was very pleased to have shared that experience with the rest of her schoolmates.

I remember going through that when I was in Std 1. We all queued up to wait our turn with the nurse. Some girls cried. Most girls chatted until it was their turn. I remember feeling a little scared as I approached the nurse. A little pin prick which was more like an insect bite and it was over.

Sure we could have taken Laura to see her paediatrician to get that done but then she wouldn't have had that experience in school :D

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other vaccine is MMR i think... measles, mumps n rubella... god... i wish im still standard 1 now....

2:51 am  
Blogger Vincent said...

I thought I only had BCG at standard 6?

Standard 1 we had toothbrushes to play with. They taught us how to hold the brushes and use it well.

But now the teeth are already yellow. =)

8:40 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

I think you're right, Vincent. Got a note from the Jabatan Kesihatan nurse who gave the shots. The shots are Double Antigen & Polio and MMR.

Don't we all wish we were back in school, noto? The biggest stress was finishing homework and exams! Oh, and the good stress of having crushes.

Did I mention Laura received a Valentine note?? She has an admirer in school. But she's not even 7 yet!

1:27 am  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Vincent, you must go visit a dentist for scaling regularly lor...

1:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im still in school~ but just that this school wont ask me to stand outside when i failed my exam.. they'll just kick me out n my life is gone~ hahaha n my big day is tomolo... hope everything goes smoothly.. dead or alive... tomolo~ heh

1:48 pm  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Wah, so severe, Noto. What school is this? Uni? College? Wish you all the best then.

Rah, rah, rah! Give me an N! Give me an O! Give me a T! Give me another O! GO GO GO, NOTO!

5:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whao~ really hundreds of thank you wif tat cheers~ hahaha im in a medic uni in india now... tomolo will be my 2nd year final 2nd paper.. hope everything goes smooth lor... =)
PS: i dun wanna stay here anymore as if i pass.. there'll be just half a year more~!

4:42 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home